Criteria for posters
Besides field trips and social evenings, we want to provide you with diverse and informative scientific speeches. Therefore, we need your help: We are looking for short presentations about issues in the field of non-ferrous metallurgy, steel technology,
Of course, you don’t need to do new researches: You can present issues that you have been already worked on through your studies. To ensure a smooth process and to support the creation of the conference proceedings, please consider the following:
- Duration: 15 to 25 minutes. 25 minutes is the maximum and should not be exceeded!
- Presentation language: English
- Template for PowerPoint-presentations: click
As we are going to publish all scientific speeches in the conference proceedings, please send us a paper or an extended version of your presentation to the following email address:
Send us your text in an unformatted way (without hyphenation, special headlines, etc.) until 23rd of March as text file. Your Text should be between 4 and 12 pages long (including images). Images should be sent as separate files in the attachment of the email. Please note, that we need a decent quality for the images. The captions of the images can be sent in a separate file as well or at the end of your unformatted text. Please note, that the images and captions need to be marked in a way that we can match them!
Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Until then with a traditional “Glück auf!”
Criteria for poster design
Sources and bibliography as numbers in square brackets: , listing at the bottom of the poster (as seen in the example below)
- Attention to spelling and grammar!
- Language: German or English
- Choose easy to read colors for headlines, illustrations, etc. (darker colors prefered, refrain fro, using yellow)
- Pictures and graphs have to be self explanatory
- Minimal size for images: 13 x 18 cm
- Tables need titles, illustrations need subtitles (as seen in the example below)
Advice for the text
- Sanserif fonts like Arial are easier to read from a distance
- Font size should be adjusted to poster size:
|DIN A0||DIN A1|
|Main headline||100 pt||72 pt|
|Subtitle||48 pt||36 pt|
|Text||24 pt||20 pt|
|Table headline /
|18 pt||12 pt|
|Bibliography||18 pt||12 pt|
- Use known abbreviations to shorten the text (e.g. ICP for Inductively Coupled Plasma)
- Use 1.5 line spacing (readability)
- Presentation in three columns prefered
Structure and Segmentation
- More than half of the poster should be tables, illustrations and graphs
- Pay attention on a distinct structure
- The chosen layout of the poster must not be altered.
- Decide on a reading direction:
- Column by column, left to right
- Row by row, top to bottom
- Radiant from a central image
- Numbering of subtitles makes orientation easier
- Keep in mind to keep some space between illustations and text